STUDENTS SPONSORSHIP PROGRAMME
RAMAKRISHNA VIVEKANANDA MISSION
7, Riverside Road. P.O. Barrackpore, Pincode: 700 120. West Bengal, India
Phone: +91 7439400724
Report on the working of the centers under Ramakrishna Vivekananda Mission & Vivekananda Math during 2017-18 and subsequent developments.
There are thirty seven Centers — twenty six in West Bengal, two in Jharkhand, four in Uttar Pradesh and one each in Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Chattishgarh and Uttarakhand. Activities in the following fields were undertaken in the centers during 2017-18:-
1. Welfare Homes, providing residential accommodation, general care, education and vocational training for destitute boys and girls including deaf, dumb and blind girls free of cost.
2. Schools for general education from K.G. to Higher Secondary Standard.
3. Vidyarthi Ashram for paying students.
4. Non-formal Schools for development of Street Children and children of red-light areas.
5. A Degree College for girls along-with a post-graduate course.
6. A B.Ed. College for women.
7. Two Institutes for Diploma Courses in Special Education on Visual and Hearing Impairment.
8. A Study Centre for B.Ed. Course through Distance Education for visually impaired.
9. A Public Library.
10. An Institute of Advanced Studies for higher education with the ultimate objective to setup an University.
11. Residential Vocational Training-cum-Production Centres for women-in-distress.
12. Medical services with Charitable Dispensaries, Hospital and Training Center for Nurses.
13. Free Medical Camp.
15. Printing Press.
16. Training Centres for Anganwadi Workers and Supervisors under the Integrated Child Development Services Scheme.
18. Agricultural Farming.
19. Relief in cash and kind to indigent students and other destitute as well as victims of natural calamities.
20. Supply of drinking water in rural areas in the districts of Purulia, Bankura, Nadia, East Midnapore and North 24¬Parganas.
21. A publication department for printing and publishing books of general and religious interest and a monthly magazine named "Tattwamasi".
22. Shanti Ashram for the old aged people.